Monday, September 13, 2010

Back on Track

Alright, I'll be the very first to admit that this weekend consisted of MUCH indulging. I'm a football fiend (not quite fanatic) and also had the opportunity to 'unwind' with a good girlfriend. Two occassions that brought on a lot of not-so-clean eating practises.

I knew last night that I had to get back on track  - so today I'm pre-making brown rice, veggies, hard-boiled eggs, chicken...and also gonna buy some more whey protein. This is all typical stuff that I do at the beginning of the week...it helps keep me focused and motivated.

And I'm SUPER excited to start training again!!! I went in for a light workout today:

3 sets of assisted pull-ups, dumbbell presses, and walking lunges, followed by some light cardio. I kept the weight and intensity light. This is SO challenging for me, it's funny how keeping the workout easy is more challenging than completing a very difficult workout. Anyway, I felt good being back at the gym. I'm gonna keep it light for a few more days before getting back in to a solid routine.

PS - do you know what tumeric is? I cook it in my brown rice all the time! It's considered a 'super food'...I guess it's more of a super spice - with a ton of amazing health benefits. Check out this link to read more about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment